Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rays finally get it done!


As a Tampa Bay Rays baseball fan I have seen many bad seasons. The best season that my Rays have had before this one is only 70 wins which is pretty bad. The Rays started their franchise back in 1998. I became a fan as soon as I knew about them because I thought it would be refreshing to have a brand new team as a fan, and it helped that the same year I moved to Tampa for other reasons. I have always liked the underdog in sports, but this time I was starting with a brand new team that hadn't been in the league for no more than four years. Well, this year they have surprised the nation with 97 wins and a playoff berth. Not only did they go to the playoffs this season but they are on the brink of being in the world series. A team that has been dead last for ten years is still in contention. I finally got to watch two of the playoff games. Last night they blew away the Red Sox, a team that is getting to be like the Yankees in the way where they can steal any allstar player from any team. I'm very proud of my Rays and will be a fan for life.

No comments: